1. Drink two tall glasses of water in the morning. This helps wash out all the excess acid and other impurities from the system. This also soothes off the burning sensation if any.
2. Drink cold milk or vanilla ice cream. Within minutes, you will notice relief from heartburn and other acidity problems.
3. Chew on a small piece of ginger and coriander. It enhances digestive function.
4. Coconut water is a very good cure. It flushes out the excess acid from your system and also soothes the harsh effects caused by it.
5. Tulsi or basil leaf prevents formation of excess acid. Take 10 tulsi leaves everyday in the morning.
6. After fried or spicy food, drink a glass of luke warm water. This helps in the digestion for the food and also burns the calories thus, preventing weight gain.
7. Vegetables like drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot and spring onions, enhance digestion.
8. If you feel symptom of the disease, take jaggery every hour. The symptoms will subside gradually.
9. 1 tbsp of Chebulic Myroblan or haritaki along with amla, is a quick cure.
10. Fruit juice is good but never consumes it in empty stomach.
11. Sip on a lemon and sugar drink after meals to avoid acid formation. This enhances the digestion power.