4-7-8 Breath - Relaxation Exercise
I am using this new 4-7-8 Breath - Relaxation Exercise whenever anything upsetting happens and before I react to upsetting event. You can use it whenever you are aware of internal tension. You can also use it to help you fall asleep.
- Exhale through your mouth
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a count of 4.
- Hold your breath for a count of 7.
- Exhale completely through your mouth to a count of 8.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
Do it at least twice a day.
Credits : https://www.cordem.org/globalassets/files/academic-assembly/2017-aa/handouts/day-three/biofeedback-exercises-for-stress-2---fernances-j.pdf